Italeri 6480 SWS with FLAK 43
The German Wehrmacht command ordered in 1942 the development of a simple semi-track load carring vehicle, which would replace the existing 3 and 5 ton tractors. Büssing/NAG was awarded with the contract and in 1943 the production started at a low rate. The non armoured load carrier with a canvas converted to armoured Flak carriers. The track suspension was similar to the one used for the “Panther” tanks. A total of 825 sWS vehicles were manufactured from 1943 to 1945.